Sunday, April 8, 2012

Schizophrenia...

Back to My life in spaghetti homepage 

Man shitting on the street in front of a
filthy building
Sunday... Lonely lazy day! Watching that chick flick "Bridesmaid" hasn't made it any better until I realized I am late for my first dance class: BachataOnly few of you know Bachata, but if you watch it on Youtube, you will see how easy and sensual it is. Actually, it's a three-step dance with a Cuban hip motion originated in the Dominican Republic. 

Running late to my first class, I missed the bus, lost the dance studio and had to walk way far from where it was. In fact, it was my first time to reach that area of Montréal called "Sainte Catherine Est". Apparently, it's a total different aspect of Montréal I haven't experienced or seen before. Well, if I have ever thought that what I have seen so far of weirdness in Montréal is the weirdest it can get, today I was proven to be wrong!

People swearing, gangsta, prostitutes, dirty streets, awkward looking people, empty scary buildings, weird provocative drawings on walls... That is just an idea! Living in a secure and proper place in Montréal, I haven't really experienced Montréal's other face! Of course, I could have turned back to where I came, but - and since we were still in the daylight and the street was crowded - my curiosity made me continue walking, trying to discover more about that other concept that is quite interesting to look at. Poverty, dirtiness, most probably insecure!

After a while, I got back to the dance studio that i finally found. Here, it was much nicer with a great ambiance :) The energetic teacher asked me to join the group calling me "the 45 min late girl" -  Of course he was exaggerating! He made jokes about my sharp timing; "Has he ever met a Lebanese?". We started learning and trying our steps with a continuous partners switch on cool music! It really felt good and the people were really nice and smiley! I am definitely coming back for my next class, but this time 'on time'! At the end of the class, the teachers showed us a Bachata pro dance I have filmed.


Really cool hen? Yeah right I will get to their level very soon!

After the class is done, I took a walk on my favourite street: Sainte Catherine's. Here it is Downtown Montreal where the action happens. The weather was great! I had to take a hot dog and eat it on the stairs of Place des Arts while having chatty chats with nice people around me. The funny thing was that the employee at 'Belle Province' - the place I got the hot dog - tried to find out my nationality and when I corrected him, he didn't believe I am Lebanese, saying you are 100% French! Well, what can I say? He's the expert. So he asked his so called "inspector" to investigate me. She's a Lebanese worker there. She tried to find out all information about me!

My new pink baby: Kalanchöe
Finally, I continued my walk between the closed shops as it was Easter vacation. Passing by a flower shop, I fell in love with a small plant that I had to buy for my study office to make it... more appealing to study! This plant is called Kalanchöe. It is pink and so cute! The florist advised me to arose it only once every 10 days which suits me very well! Kalanchöe is my new baby now, let's pray I won't ruin it! I hope you enjoyed the ride in my special day.

See you soon...


1 comment: