Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I do what I like and don't care tonight...

Back to My life in spaghetti homepage

Sick of jogging alone or hitting the gym? Yet you still want to work out? Here is what you can do!

Sunny day, few fellows, relaxing outfits, sunglasses, an ipod, iphone, mp3 or anything with music on, your earphones, "I don't give a shit" attitude and you are ready to: Dance walking!

The rules are simple: same playlist for all, we all start the music at the same time and we just walk in Montreal streets while dancing freestyle on the same music we are hearing ONLY in our ears! Yes you got it, people around us were not hearing the music but they were actually seeing us dancing! We did a tour on the street, in the parc and in the fruits market next door.

People were happy to see us, some people cheered us, and some others where like "what the...??". Well, yeah can't blame them! Imagine yourself stopping in your car on the red light and suddenly a bunch of young people passing in front of your car dancing without you hearing any music! I guess that would be funny! Actually the thing I enjoyed the most was crossing the street like a monkey and like a cowgirl! Yihaaaaaaa!

Here is a sample of what it was like. Our playlist had "Sexy and I Know It", "Ice Ice Baby", "I Like To Move It" and more of crazy "freestyle" songs. I added to this video the song that made us jump the most: "On Top Of The World"



We sweated, we moved and we enjoyed the sun. We actually did a very good work out and at the same time we had a good time and we've put a smile on people's faces.

Now that sunny Montreal days have started, more of dance walking to come! So keep tuned, you might be dance walking with us next time ;)


See you soon...

1 comment: